ENABLING TARGETED SUCCESS
ENABLING TARGETED SUCCESS
The benefits of encapsulating an active compound into nanocarriers (NCs) are:
- Life cycle management: NC delivery can change the biodistribution and pharmacokinetic of the therapeutic cargos so that differentiating features, e.g long drug circulating time, slow drug release or cell specific drug delivery are achieved.
- Rescuing pipeline failures: NC delivery can provide effects that improve therapeutic efficacy. Furthermore, NC can protect the in vivo environment from harmful drugs (off target effects) and reduce toxicity.
- Enabling novel therapies: NC protect their therapeutic cargo from the in vivo environment, which can improve the stability of the drug and enhance its target engagement (on target).
- New indications: NC delivered drugs could be proposed for new indications.
Nanomedicine refers to the medical application of nanotechnology. Among others, one research area of nanomedicine deals with the development of drug delivery systems for therapeutic agents using nanoparticles with diameters between 1-1000 nm. These nanoparticles are designed to improve the bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of therapeutics and to provide the possibility of delivering the drugs to specific cells or tissues. Lipid-based nanoparticles are most commonly used. Their modular structure (lipid composition, payload, and targeting ligands) enable a customized adaption of properties resulting in specific nanocarriers for a variety of diseases.
Targeting ligands on the surface
Customised Nanocarrier / Nanomedicine
Fast results without high investment costs
An assessment of the ability to develop at the earliest stages of drug development can speed up candidate selection and ease go/no-go decisions
- Proprietary compounds that Rodos receives from partners in licensing and co-development transactions for the purpose of enabling innovative treatments
- Proprietary compounds that dropped out from the pipeline of pharmaceutical companies in the phase I or phase II clinical stage due to severe side effects. Formulating of these APIs with nanocarriers may improve the therapeutic window and to rescue these drugs for the partners
- Generic or close to off-patent compounds that are reformulated into nanocarriers for the purpose of providing novel and unique properties of treatment
Rodos Biotarget GmbH announced today it has been selected as a finalist for Red Herring’s Top 100 Europe award.
GET IN TOUCH
Rodos BioTarget GmbH
Potsdam Science Park
Am Mühlenberg 11
14476 Potsdam / Germany
Telefon: +49 (511) 7273 8835
Telefax: +49 (511) 7273 8837